Built-in Exceptions reference¶
Here’s a list of all exceptions included in Scrapy and their usage.
- exception scrapy.exceptions.DropItem¶
The exception that must be raised by item pipeline stages to stop processing an Item. For more information see Item Pipeline.
- exception scrapy.exceptions.CloseSpider(reason='cancelled')¶
This exception can be raised from a spider callback to request the spider to be closed/stopped. Supported arguments:
reason (str) – the reason for closing
def parse_page(self, response): if 'Bandwidth exceeded' in response.body: raise CloseSpider('bandwidth_exceeded')
- exception scrapy.exceptions.DontCloseSpider¶
This exception can be raised in a
spider_idle signal handler to
prevent the spider from being closed.
- exception scrapy.exceptions.IgnoreRequest¶
This exception can be raised by the Scheduler or any downloader middleware to indicate that the request should be ignored.
- exception scrapy.exceptions.NotConfigured¶
This exception can be raised by some components to indicate that they will remain disabled. Those components include:
The exception must be raised in the component’s
- exception scrapy.exceptions.NotSupported¶
This exception is raised to indicate an unsupported feature.